Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Open House at The Hilton in Durham Near Duke University


On a rainy Monday after noon in February The Hilton in Durham Near Duke University opened their doors to wedding professionals so we could learn more about their venue. While I'd been there in the past, when I had to remind myself how to get there I realized - Oh - this is easy. It's right off I-85 at the Cole Mill Rd. exit. Wedding Planning is managed by Sarah Huggins and group room bookings by Colleen Coburn.

For the open house, they'd planned a scavenger hunt for us of little hidden goodies (heart candies, balloons, ribbons, roses, etc) in all of their meeting spaces, restaurants, and ball rooms and even in a guest room. They even had fabulous hors d'oeuvres their staff had made for us, including créme brulée.

They've remodeled recently and the whole place sparkles. Their meeting rooms are huge and well lit. For an inside wedding, you have spaciousness that can't be found in lots of other local venues.
Yet the venue has an intimacy about it. You can't get lost and all the public spaces are on one floor.

I've officiated at lots of weddings that need a place for the wedding party and family to gather before the ceremony. This has it in the spacious bar.

They even have a free shuttle bus that operates within a 5 mile radius of the hotel (which gets you to lots of the fun downtown Durham places) and they recommend Super Shuttle for airport transportation.


Makes me wish I was getting married!

No comments:

Post a Comment