Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dresses From Paris or Why I'm So Long Overdue in My Blogposts




I got to spend some wonderful time this summer traveling.  Amsterdam and Paris in late June and early July, Oakland, CA  in late July to visit my daughter, then camping in Brevard, NC in early August.  All places where the weather was noticeably cooler than NC.  Yay!  Each place is absolutely wonderful in its own way. 


Now I'm back and wanting to catch up with my blogs for all the wonderful couples I married over the summer when I was in town. But first, here are some fun photos I took while in Paris.


First, some snapshots through store windows of wedding gowns.  Eye candy.  Not high fashion but what the style is.


We were in Paris just days before Fashion Week so some museums were setting up special displays for the visiting fashionistas.  We got some photos of gowns of the past and a surprise Teddy Bear coat.


Then, we happened upon a wedding couple at the Seine with their photographer.  


I hope you enjoy these photos.  They were certainly fun to take.


First, my shots through store windows.....








Oh - I want to include of our favorite photos taken from the top of the Sacre Coeur Cathedral in Montmartre.  The graffiti, 'Love is us' on the right with the kissing couple in the foreground, and the Eiffel Tower in the background seemed to us to be quintessential Paris.



Here is the exhibit of gowns at the Grand Trianon Palace at Versailles.






I wish this were more in focus, but I just couldn't leave it out.  It's too much fun.


This is a teddy bear coat at a gallery preparing for Fashion Week.  Faux fur at it's best.





And here is our wedding couple at the bridge over the Seine.




 And looking back over the bridge.  We just happened to be walking just as they were leaving.  But I'd wanted to see a wedding couple while in Paris and the Universe obliged.


Paris is truly a beautiful city.  If anyone wants to hear more about the trip, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment