Monday, December 15, 2014

Ian and Alex Marry on a Gorgeous Day at The Raleigh Rose Garden

 It was a treat to meet and marry Alex and Ian.  We met over email and since I was in Spain we began planning long distance.  And, since they were going to Spain on their honeymoon, to Barcelona, in fact where we were, I could get a map of the city for them.  They're a delightful couple who love traveling and so we have even more in common.    Thanks to photographer Michael Moss for these fabulous pictures, Sally Oakley for all her planning expertise, which was key since their venue closed on them almost at the last minute and they had to find somewhere else.  Sally ensured that all went well!  Thanks to musicians Autumn Brand & Kaitlin Grady for their beautiful string accompaniment for the ceremony, and thanks to The English Garden for their stunning floral arrangements.

Ian and Alex bonded first over food, especially Ian cooking a wonderful vegetarian meal for Alex on their second date.  They quickly became best friends who cherish each day together, traveling around the world, and sharing their time together. They are grateful to have found one another and are able to be themselves and dream of another day together. They look forward to the days ahead of growing closer to one another and going on any adventure that may come their way. 
 The lyrics to Dave Matthew's song, 'Loving Wings' had special meaning for them so their friend, Lindsey, read them as part of the ceremony. 
So I give to you my everything 
You've given me these loving wings 
Angels have all gathered 'round 
To hear me sing my love out loud. 

Your lightly love lifted me away 
Out of a darkness cold and gray 
Now I work beneath the midday sun 
My cool blue water you have come. 

So I give to you my everything 
You've given me these loving wings 
Angels have all gathered 'round 
To hear me sing my love out loud. 

So take your place here next to me 
And I'll take my place there next to thee 
And no matter how far we may roam 
It's by your side I'll make my home. 

So I give to you my everything 
You've given me these loving wings 
Angels have all gathered 'round 
To hear me sing my love out loud.

The garden was in full bloom.  This fit the fullness in everyone's hearts.  They're a dedicated, fun and well matched couple who will have lots of shared adventures, perhaps the best of all will be their marriage.  I wish them both a lifetime of joyful years together.

1 comment: