Monday, March 14, 2011

Josh and Cristina Marry at Marbles Kids Museum in Downtown Raleigh

Pardon my out of focus photo. This picture doesn't do them justice.

On March 6th, the Marbles Kid's Museum was alive with lots of kids, but there was a center of calm and quiet for Josh and Tina's wedding in this quiet ballroom in the museum. Ben was our coordinator from the museum at the event and did a wonderful job - also attending the rehearsal so we could coordinate needs.

Here was the scene outside this room.

I think everyone at the museum loved seeing the bridal party line up and enter and then gather for pictures afterward.

I had great fun officiating their ceremony. And we also had great fun planning their ceremony to fit their values and who they are as a couple. I was really grateful for the many years of resources I'd been writing and gathering because we had lots to draw upon to get the ceremony started, then we custom tailored it to them.

They loved (and I love) the Declaration of Intentions portion of the ceremony the way it's worded from the Buddhist tradition, and they loved (and I love) the Preamble to the Declaration of Principles from the TV show Babylon 5. Check it out. It's really lovely. If you Google it you'll find it.

I really love the vows they wrote each other and said to each other as part of the ceremony. They made each part of the ceremony their own.

I was also proud to add as part of the pronouncement and blessing at their request that they are aware that not everyone in our state of North Carolina can be married legally, and that they express their support of committed and loving relationships in all forms. And that they will continue working for equality for all who wish to unite in marriage. I feel the same way.

Here's photographer Nicole Faby taking pictures after the ceremony. Their music was provided by friend and guitarist Adam Driscoll. After the ceremony the reception was held at the Red Room in downtown Raleigh. By that time we had a torrential downpour of epic proportions. Hopefully everyone got to the reception relatively dry. I trust that it didn't dampen the fun at all.

I just heard back from them with this note:

"Thank you so much for everything. The wedding was phenomenal, and you would not believe how many people asked during the reception who you were and how we found you. You really made a great impression! Above all, I am proud to know we had the opportunity to create a unique and memorable ceremony for everyone. .... I really cannot convey how much we appreciate you helping us set the tone for our union. Not only did you exceed the expectations of nearly everyone present, more importantly you helped both of us relax and fully experience a wonderful milestone in our lives. Thanks again."

It's always great for me when a couple helps me understand what's most important in celebrating their love. Then I can help make that happen.

I wish Tina and Josh all the best and I have no doubts they'll have a wonderful life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment