Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dan and Erin Celebrate With Grace, Style, and Penguins at Their Wedding



Dan and Erin have worked together for 7 years, and two years ago friendship kindled into love.  They had a wonderful sense of who each other were as colleagues then delighted in finding out who each other are as life mates and partners.  They can talk about anything and disagree without arguing.  Both have been divorced and so they really value each other as an equal and loving partner.  Their children were a big part of their wedding and I can understand why.  They are great kids.

The lawn on the Grandover Resort in Greensboro is a great place for a wedding, expansive and open.  And we were lucky that the rain clouds hovered just away for the afternoon after a morning rain.  In fact, the wind at the rehearsal the night before had blown these pillars down.   But the afternoon was lovely.


Thanks so much to Amy Terrell from Simple Moments Photography for these wonderful pictures.  I could tell that she was having fun creating these images, too.  Thanks too to their friend Sharon Kanis who sang 'The Prayer' for the processional.


Teresa Crawford of Crawford's Creations of High Point created their cake, and Patrick Rock Band was the band for their reception.

Elizabeth, Dan's daughter read the poem, 'Your Personal Penguin' by Sandra Boynton as part of their ceremony.  I loved it so much I'm sharing it below.

I like you a lot
You're funny and kind
So let me explain What I have in mind.


I want to be your personal penguin
I want to walk right by your side
I want to be your personal penguin
I want to travel with you far and wide

Wherever you go, I’ll go there too
Here and there and everywhere
And always with you
I want to be your personal penguin
From now on

Now lots of other penguins seem to do fine
In a universe of nothing but ice
But if I could be yours and you could be mine
A cozy little world would be twice as nice

I want to be your personal penguin
I want to talk with you night and day
I want to be your personal penguin
I want to listen to whatever you say

Look at these wings so perfect to hold you
I’d like to say again
What I have already told you
Let me be your personal penguin
From now on.


Erin and Dan tied the knot with the Celtic Handfasting ceremony, then we recognized the wonderful family they created with their four combined children, and followed the pronouncement, as you can see, with their first kiss as husband and wife.



Thanks to Ed Currie, of Piedmont Triad Productions, who was their excellent wedding coordinator for the day.



Some of the pictures are mine.  You can tell which ones they are.  I wanted you to see more wonderful shots of the Grandover after the ceremony and could also take some of Dan and Erin, looking happy and relaxed.


Here's the family with Dan's father and step-mother.




The Grandover Resort looking from the ceremony site.


And Dan and Erin continuing with the celebration. May they celebrate for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment